Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Yes, I know it has been Forever

Hello all. We three are alive and well and happy clucking away in the Hen House.

My big news is that I recently took a job at a great company (former consulting client of mine) doing the work I love. The girls are still making the adjustment to having a mom who is not around all the time, but they are facing this brave new world like the troopers that they are.

I'd like to return to blogging, but can make no promises. Time has not been my friend for 2 years now and I can't imagine that I'll suddenly find the time to start writing again. It's ironic -- All the time I've spent in the last 2 years squeezing $5 of value out of every paltry dollar I earned is now being spent learning my new company and juggling work and home responsibilities. Different focus -- but same result -- no time to do all the things I like to do.

But since I am writing this post, I did want to share some recent pictures of Little Zo Peep and Libby Doodle Doo. They are both growing up so fast.

And sharing photos of my girls is harder than it sounds. You should know that I've had a dickens of a time getting good photos of the Chickies lately. Separately, the Doodle has learned that fakey, toothy smile that all kids eventually learn. It a rare photo in which I get a spontaneous smile from her. Plus Zo Peep has perfected the skill of crossing her eyes about every time a camera is pointing in her direction. And forget about getting them in a photo together. The Peep has given her little sister "bunny ears" in every single posed photo I've snapped of the two of them since Christmas.

So I'm left to capture candid moments when they -- more or less -- aren't paying attention to what I'm doing.

Here they are in their Easter finery walking home from church. While walking in our little town we had two cars stop to tell me how beautiful the girls looked in their dresses.

Of course, I thought they both looked like angels but it touched my heart that these folks that I had never met would take time to stop and comment on my beauties.

And here is Little Zo Peep right after our annual egg hunt. What a haul.





And here is Libby Doodle Doo counting her eggs.



I'm taking the girls to Disney this weekend to celebrate my new job and also to celebrate an important milestone that they achieved. In late January 2010 the girls earned their 100th bead from the Bead jar (see posting from Feb 08 to remember this incentive that I offered to them to encourage them to get out of the house on time and with no hassle each morning. Well it took almost 2 years to complete, but dang it -- they did it. The girls (especially Peep) are giddy with excitement about this trip.


I hope 5 months won't pass before I post again and I hope all is well with each of you.

12 comments:

China Dreams said...

Congratulations on the new job, and good luck finding spare time. I know just what you mean by that fake camera smile, but these photos were lovely.

Grammy Connie said...

Good to see your post and your pictures ... and to know that you all are well. The girls are still beautiful. Congratulations on the new career.

HubeiMama said...

So glad to see you pop up in my Google Reader!!! The girls are lovely, the dresses were gorgeous, and I hope you have a fantastic time at Disney. We went last year with Ava and had such a great time that we've already booked our trip for December to see Disney at Christmas.

Waiting For Ling-Ling said...

It does my heart good to see you and the chicks! The girls are lovely-I love their Easter dresses-I hope you enjoy Disney. Funny, not so long ago I was wondering how the "bead" technique had worked with your daughters. I'm glad it was a success. Congratulations on your new job. As always, thank you for sharing your girls.

xoxo
Lourdes

heddiluella said...

So good to hear you are doing well!! And Congrats on the new job! Back to the grind stone :( Disneyland sounds like a great idea! Now to work on a new jar of beads.... I am sure Zo Peep will be helping think of more rewards! We are travelling to China in May to bring our daughter home - YEA!! Thanks for sharing oyour journey with me. Our website is http://blessedbyaimelyn.blogspot.com

Safe travels!! Please share your adventures! Thanks!
Cathy

The Fab 5 said...

So fun to read your post again I miss your writings. I too know the lack of time with work and activities so completely understand!! Your girls are as beautiful as ever and the Easter dressed were so soft and beautiful!

Lisa and Tate said...

Congrats on the new job!

The chicks are adorable in their Easter finery! I would have stopped to comment on how cute they are too.

Debra said...

So glad to see your post and to learn of your new employment. I cannot imagine how difficult it has been for you these last two years. But, you did it!
Love the new pictures.
I MUST know where you got their Easter dresses. I believe they are the most beautiful I've ever seen.

Mommy Relcuk said...

Happy to hear you are employed! Enjoyed your post so much. I am always in awe of your girls lovely clothes which coordinate beautifully with each other. Looking forward to seeing you this summer!

Sarah, Marc, Tyler and Ella Lin said...

So happy to read this! Had not checked for a while and was thrilled to read about your new career move.
Our daughter, adopted in Jiangxi last summer, is now 21 months and doing beautifully ... loving her big brother and new home. We love reading about your family. Keep posting!
Sarah, Marc, Tyler and Ella in Chicago

Mina Luccia said...

Your 2 daughthers are beautiful! Hope you have a really nice day!! God bless you

Anonymous said...

Hi! Hope things are well. Happy belated Chinese New Year. The girls are lovely here.

Please update when you have a moment :)