Sunday, March 18, 2012

March 2012

I'm sure some of you occasionally check here to see if I've ever posted a snippet of news or a recent photo. For those folks, I thought I'd give you an update.



The girls are growing and thriving. Libby Doodle Doo just turned 5 a week or so ago. Zo Peep will be 10 in a couple months.




The Doodle has turned into a chatterbox. Just on Friday, a clerk at the supermarket asked her if her name was Gabrielle -- because she was so gabby. I had to explain to her what he meant and she replied, "I DO talk a lot, don't I." She is an exuberant, happy kind kid with lots of friends, terrific self esteem (but without arrogance) and a built in talent for all things gymnastic. Here's a photo from last fall.



The Peep is still a tomboy -- but now turned athlete. She excels at any sport involving eye-hand coordination and has a powerful arm (one of her teachers said she can throw a spiral better than any kid -- boy or girl -- in her elementary school). You may be surprised to learn, therefore, that my 9 year old is a favorite among the 4th grade boys in her class and has many young suitors (I thought her athleticism would keep her away from elementary school romance. Her 4th grade teacher told me that the fact that Zo Peep is NOT a girly-girl is why so many boys have a crush on her). Here's a photo of her also taken last year. She seems to be growing up so quickly and is now more a young lady than a young girl. We've talked about the birds and the bees, the changes that are just beginning to happen to her body and many topic of pre-teenhood.


Both girls are now involved in Chinese dance and I wanted to post photos just taken last night at their public performance. Zo Peep is on the far right in this one.
And Libby Doodle Doo is the smallest lion with the biggest smile in the middle of this photo:

Until next time. Mama Hen

7 comments:

heddiluella said...

Good to hear you are all doing so well! I'm one those that would check in from time to time. We brought our daughter home from China shortly after your last post in April 2010. We are having so much fun with her. She is a precocious 2 year old and almost three! How are you doing with employment? I was worried about you! Thanks for checking in!
Cathy

Unknown said...

Thanks for your comment. Yes -- career wise I'm doing great. I'm heading the Marketing Department of a high tech company. Work is exciting, exhausting and exhilirating -- so net, net pretty close to my life as as single mom.

Mama Hen

Anonymous said...

I always enjoyed your blog but hadn't checked it for a while. Was so surprised tonight to see a new entry. Your girls have grown so and ard are beautiful. I am grandmother to two amazing little Chinese girls and enjoy them so much. Thanks for the update and I'm so glad to hear your career is back on track.

LCN

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting everyone know how things are going, I always loved your blog and because I have a Chinese granddaughter, it's extra special to me. Please keep us posted. You have two beautiful daughters

Marcia K. said...

What a very nice surprise to click on my "favorites" and find your blog update. It's a perfect summary update to celebrate that blessing of your two beautiful, healthy and happy daughters.
I am one of the people who check your blog every few months hoping for an update. So I hope that you will continue to post updates from time to time. It is a joy to see the photos!!
Blessings to your family,
Marcia from Wisconsin
Happy Mom to Sara Marina & Kate, adopted as infants from Kazakhstan

Ms. McDonald said...

Ah ... I, too, am one of those whose been checking in every once in a while since I found your site while we were waiting for our granddaughter to come home from China. Obviously, it's been a long time since I checked this time since it is now November. Thank you for the update; it is so good to see your girls growing up so beautifully. I know they bring so much joy into your life as our three grandchildren do into ours. Blessings to all of you; and I'll look more often again now. Happy Thanksgiving!

linglingbaby.blogspot.com said...

Hi Mama Hen,

I check your blog periodically, especially during Easter in hopes of an update. I brought home our Bo baby, Lily, one year after you did. I learned so much from your blog! I miss your words and wit. Happy Easter to you and your darling girls!
Lily's Mom