Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Start Your Engines

My package arrived around 10:55.

Mike the Fed Ex guy (AKA the stork) was nice enough to pose for a picture with Zo Peep. He said he never had this happen to him before. I wrote down the blog address for him so that he can see what was inside this priceless package.





Funny story. I put a sign on the door that said:

Fed Ex guy or gal (aka Stork)

The package you are delivering contains information on my new baby.
Would you mind sticking around so that I can take your picture. Please
ring the bell.



At 9:50 the doorbell rang and I rushed to the door to open. On the other side was a very embarassed Water Meter Reader. Zo Peep took his photo for posterity.

Well, I'm as jittery as a grasshopper in a frog pond right now. I have to compose myself before I have Zofia open the package. She is as calm as a cucumber.
Here's the package. Pretty unassuming looking considering the life-changing contents inside.

I'll be off for awhile allowing all of this to sink in.

2 comments:

Amy @ TheCottageDiaries.com said...

I just found your blog and wanted you to know I'm following along. I'm also a single mom to be adopting from China. I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to see her picture. :)

Karmen said...

You don't know me -- but I enjoyed reading your blog .. what a journey, huh? Congratulations on a BEAUTIFUL baby! You have been blessed! God speed in your next phase!

Karmen
LID - 9/11/06
www.babybernacchi.com