Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Hello, my Name is Balloon Head Girl

No news from my agency. So I assume they haven't sent anything out yet today.
So I thought today would be a great day to catch up on my work -- aka my job, my career, toiling for the company that is nice enough to give me a paycheck twice a month.
I have several projects that need my attention. I've been very scattered for the last few weeks with all of this impending referral stuff and some work-related projects were beginning to fall through the cracks.

Today, I have no excuse. No adoption news expected. And I'm working from home today to boot. Everything is quiet and peaceful. No phones ringing off the hook. No people popping into my office to talk.
But I can't seem to CONCENTRATE like I should. I feel as if my head is filled with helium and is ready to float away into the stratosphere.

I've plowed through reports and emails and analysis and issues since 8 this morning. I'm taking a lunch break right now. It's not the most productive day of my life, but slowly and surely I am digging out from the mountain of tasks that I need to do. I just can't attest to the Quality of anything I've done today.

I hope this referral information comes soon. I'd love to welcome my former, clear-thinking self back into my body. Maybe she'll return by the end of this week.
Oh well, need to grab something to eat and then head back into the salt mines. See y'all later tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking about you as you hang in there waiting for the call! I loved your post about spending the weekend with your daughter. What a transition you are about to enter in.
I hope, one day, to have another little "chick" myself.
Looking forward to seeing your newest addition.

Laureen (Mom2Isabel on RQ)
Fellow single mom
www.babysites.com/sites/laureenmary

Unknown said...

Theresa,
It is going to happen tomorrow. I bet in the AM.

Brenda Mellon