Monday, November 5, 2007

Little Hatchlings Everywhere! (and an Update)

New Parents are continuing to get the "call" today. I've seen and heard about dozens of new daughters (and sons) throughout the day.

I always knew that many people who adopt from China never venture on to the Internet. I've met some of them in courses during this long wait. Heck, I was one of those people when I adopted Little Zo Peep in 2003.

I never realized that some people -- those who do spend a lot of time on the Internet -- don't post information about their referral for everyone to see . For some of these folks, they simply can't. In fact, their countries don't allow them to post information or pictures because the children have not yet been adopted by them. For most, however, it is because they don't feel comfortable sharing such a personal moment with the world. I can respect that. I am new to this blogging world. It is, simultaneously, an exciting and a scary place.

So best wishes to all of the new Dads and Moms and Sisters and Brothers -- whether I've seen your new little one or not. I'd like to send my warmest congratulations on this the day that your new family has been created.

. . . And now a quickee update on me. It looks like I won't hear anything till Wednesday at the earliest. What a bummer.

Here's the scoop. We (families at my agency) got confirmation at 5PM that the agency DID receive referrals today (at 6 pm I got a phone mail message from my social worker confirming that my personal referral was in that batch).

My agency is a little odd in that they will not share any information over the phone. Instead one needs to wait to receive a FEDEX package from them to find out ANYTHING about your child.

The word is that they will "try" to get those packages out tomorrow -- which will mean that we will get information on Wednesday. If they don't get them out until Wednesday -- we'll hear on Thursday.

I woke up this morning with a peaceful resilience inside me. I was in a Zen-like state -- all quiet and serene and calm. I was ok that I wouldn't get a referral on Monday. I was accepting. I sang "Que Sera, Sera" in my head throughout the morning. After all, I got my referral for Little Zo Peep on a Tuesday. I liked the cosmic symmetry of receiving Libby Doodle Doo's information on the same day.

NOW I feel a little crazed and anxious and antsy -- with my belly doing flip-flops. I'm asking myself, "How can I possibly survive these next 2 days.

I'm going to go eat a bottle of Tums and call it a night.

(Update -- I did a little editing on this post after publishing it a while ago. I guess I needed to vent a little because I sooo want my little one and its been such a long, long day. Sorry for the crazed-lady rantings!!)

3 comments:

Lisa and Tate said...

I admire your "ZEN" way of thinking. How exciting to be seeing seeing Libby Doodle Doo in a few days! I totally understand the frustration of wanting it now, though. I am excited for you and can't wait to see your gals face on Thursday (or sooner!)

Lisa

Christi and Abbey said...

So excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just read your Halloween post too, I totally see the need for multiple costumes, I'll be doing that next year.
Can't wait to see your new baby : )

Shannon said...

Congratulations on being matched with your daughter! Isn't it crazy, though, how our agency handles certain things? Hang in there, your darlings picture will soon be in your hands! Then you can really go crazy until she is finally in your arms! =)